Monday, March 8, 2010

Alaskanitis is clearing up...

The Alaskanitis seems to be clearing up. I have not only made it off the couch since my last post, I have also successfully gone on four runs accumulating a total of about 4 miles. This is not quite the mileage I was putting on pre-baby but its a start. I have even decided to finally take the plunge and set my sights on completing a half-marathon in August. We will see if this goal actually comes to fruition, I am hopeful it will. As I told my husband last week I need to accomplish something, some sort of tangible task. Therefore I have decided on the goal of completing a half-marathon. I have not researched where in Alaska I am going to find such a thing or how logistically I am going to balance training runs with motherhood, nor have I defined an actual training program. However, I will continue to post my progress and we will all find out soon enough if I achieve this goal and if not the reasons why...

In the meantime we continue to hunt for jobs, housing and some sort of rhythm to life and parenthood in Alaska.

No comments:

Post a Comment